Tuesday, August 23, 2016

RAINBOW PANCAKE RECIPE

    It gives me joy just by searching for pancake recipes from the internet. When I came across this rainbow pancake, I said to myself that I have to make this. For sure my kids will enjoy it. I only made five colors and one pancake per color. One piece already made me full since it was thick yet still fluffy. We are five in the family, so each of us got one.  My youngest daughter was hesitant to eat her pink pancake. She said it was too beautiful to eat and was afraid she might ruin it. I promised to make another rainbow pancake some other time. I told her that it was meant to be eaten. Anyway, she was too hungry to resist.



You will need:

Dry Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup flour
3 Tbsp. sugar 
(you may add more if you want it to be more sweeter)
2 tsp. baking powder
a pinch of salt


Wet Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
3 Tbsp. oil
1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract




Steps:
Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Slowly pour-in the milk, then the beaten eggs, vanilla and the oil.
Mix well until no lumps is visible.
Divide pancake batter equally into five separate bowls.
Choose five food coloring.
(I chose pink, green, blue, purple and yellow)
Add 1 to 2 drops of the food coloring to the each
individual bowls with batter. 
Stir until the color is well blended.
Heat your non-stick pan.
Pour all the batter in the bowl one at a time, flip the pancake
and cook the other side.
Once cooked, arrange it into a tower of
rainbow pancake and drizzle with maple syrup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment