Saturday, September 10, 2016

Double Chocolate Chips Cookies

Chocolate Therapy Cookies

My three girls absolutely love chocolate chips cookies but double the chocolate and they will have sugar rush for sure.  Well if you are craving for chocolate, this double chocolate chip cookie recipe will definitely satisfy that craving. 
You can make some changes in the recipe depending on your preference. Use brown sugar if you want to have a more soft and moist cookies. To preventing the dough from spreading to the baking sheet cornstarch may be added. But since I wanted my cookies to spread thinly and will have round shape, I did not add cornstarch to it. But if you want you may add a few teaspoon of cornstarch to this recipe. If I will be making this cookies for my kids, I will use the semi-sweet type of chocolate bar. And if I want to make it all for myself, since I love dark chocolates, I will use dark chocolates bars and chips for this recipe. But if you want this recipe to be more interesting, add different chocolate flavors. Use more than one type of chocolate. 

I drink hot tea without sugar when I eat these. Hoping to get at least a little of that calories from those tempting cookies. My husband and two daughters want it with milk. But guess what my youngest daughter wants to pair her cookies with, she would say in her cute voice. " Mommy, I want hot chocho (choco) please." it would be a triple chocolate treat for her then. but be sure to drink  a lot of water after eating these. 








You will need:

1 bar of chocolate (80z) chopped 
(any type of chocolate that you prefer)
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup sugar (white or brown)
1 large egg 
2 teaspoons vanilla 
1 cup all-purpose flour 
1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
1/2 teaspoon baking powder 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1 cup chocolate chips (6 oz.) 
(any type of chocolate chips that you prefer)


Steps:

For this recipe you will need a double boiler or 
you may use a large bowl set over simmering water. 

Melt the chopped chocolate bar in the double boiler 
for 5 minutes or until the chocolate is smooth and melted. 

Remove it from the heat and add butter. 

Let it cool for a while before adding the other ingredients. 

Using an electric mixer, whisk the sugar then the egg and vanilla. 

In another bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. 

Then combine the chocolate mixture to the dry ingredients.

Form balls and flattened it on a lined baking sheet 
approximately 3 inches apart from each other. 

Add in the chocolate chips, I place it upside down to show 
the flat bottom of the chocolate chips. 

Bake it in a 350° oven for 10 minutes. 

Let it cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.





No comments:

Post a Comment