Monday, September 5, 2016

Pancit Bam-i Recipe

We Filipinos celebrate the longest Christmas. Starting with the first day of September and even until the Three Kings in January. Let us not forget that Christmas is the birthday of Jesus Christ. In the Philippines one of the foods that are associated with birthdays is PANCIT. My all-time favorite Pancit recipe is Bam-i.  I love my mom’s cooking but my father cooks this dish a lot better. He even claims that this is his specialty. I agree with him. He cooks delicious pancit. This recipe is not from my father but I adapted this from Panlasang Pinoy. I can still recall the first time I cook Bam-I, it was 8 years ago. And from then, I cook it as often as my family requests it. 


You will need:

¼ kilo pork, sliced
¼ kilo chicken, boiled and shredded
5 pieces Chinese sausage, sliced
½ kilo shrimp,
(shelled and heads removed)
8 ounces flour sticks
(pancit canton noodles)
4 to 6 ounces rice noodles
(sotanghon soaked in water)
1½ to 2 cups chicken stock
3 cups cabbage, chopped
¾ cup carrots, julienned
½ cup dried wood ear,
(soaked in water and chopped) 
1 medium onion, diced
1 cup snow peas
½ cup shrimp juice 
½ cup soy sauce
1 piece chicken cube 
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
2 to 3 tablespoons cooking oil









No comments:

Post a Comment